Two Italian students face a combined fine of 27 million Euros because their garden barbecue grilling meat accidentally started a wildfire on 30th December 2019. The fire lasted several days destroying over 1000 hectares of forest near Como, Italy. The fine was calculated according to regulations which require a fine of 100-600 € per square metre of damage. The 22 year olds may also face proceedings for damages by property owners impacted by the fire.
BBC news 17th April 2018 https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47960358