Posted on 21/03/2016 in News 32 2016
Match dropped on carpet causes fatal fire

One women died and her husband was injured in a fire in a 5th floor flat in the Ménilmontant area of central Paris, 22nd February 2016, after a match dropped on the floor whilst lighting a cigarette set fire to the carpet. The fire spread to the rest of the flat whilst one of the occupants went outside to alert neighbours. Firefighters were able prevent the fire spreading to other flats but one occupant died and another was injured.

This shows how the protection of materials against small ignition sources such as a match flame can be vital for fire safety and to save lives.

Share This