Posted on 29/11/2016 in News 32 2016
Cuba bar fire, Paris – update

The pinfa Newsletter n°71 presented the tragic fire at the Cuba Bar, Paris, in which 14 young people died when non flame retardant interior sound insulation caught fire, ignited by candles on a birthday cake.

The police statement after the fire indicating that this was polystyrene foam has now been corrected. The sound insulation foam in question is now reported to have been polyurethane, sold by  a do-it-yourself retailer as sound insulation. The Club owner accepts responsibility and states that the material did not have fire warnings on the label, only an indication to “keep away from heat”.

Share This