California priority chemicals in products: the California the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) has published its (draft) three-year work plan on “Priority Products”. This identifies chemicals (identified per product group) posing questions of potential harm and requiring manufacturers to assess safer alternatives.
The work plan includes chlorinated, brominated and organophosphate flame retardants in household, school and workplace furnishings and décor, the same in building products (construction and renovation).
CALSafer “Draft Three Year Priority Product Work Plan (2018-2020”, February 2018 http://www.dtsc.ca.gov/SCP/PriorityProductWorkPlan.cfm
RDP added to ECHA CORAP list: ECHA The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has added the PIN flame retardant RDP = Tetraphenyl resorcinol bis(diphenylphosphate), EC#- 260-830-6, CAS 57583-54-7 to the DRAFT CoRAP list (Community Rolling Action Plan, update 2018-2020). This list “contains substances suspected of posing a risk to human health or the environment” and which are proposed for evaluation. The draft list now contains 107 chemicals.
The CORAP list now includes the following flame retardants/synergists:
– 2,2-dimethylpropan-1-ol, tribromo derivative EC# 253-057-0
– 2,2,6,6-tetrabromo-4,4-isopropylidenediphenol EC# 926-564-6
– 1,1′-(isopropylidene)bis[3,5-dibromo-4-(2,3-dibromopropoxy)benzene] EC# 244-617-5
– 1,1′-(isopropylidene)bis[3,5-dibromo-4-(2,3-dibromo-2-methylpropoxy)benzene] EC# 306-832-3
– 1,1′-(ethane-1,2-diyl)bis[pentabromobenzene] EC# 284-366-9
– Tris[2-chloro-1-(chloromethyl)ethyl] phosphate (TDPP) EC# 237-159-2
– N,N’-ethylenebis(3,4,5,6-tetrabromophthalimide EC# 251-118-6
– Tris(2-chloro-1-methylethyl) phosphate (TCPP) EC# 911-815-4
– Diantimony trioxide EC# 215-175-0
– bis(2-ethylhexyl) tetrabromophthalate EC# 247-426-5
– Triphenyl phosphite EC# 202-908-4
– Triphenyl phosphate EC# 204-112-2
– Tributyl phosphate EC# 204-800-2
– Trixylyl phosphate EC# 246-677-8
– Tris(methylphenyl) phosphate EC# 809-930-9
– 2,4,6-tribromophenol EC# 204-278-6
– C14-C17 chloro alkanes (MCCP) EC# 287-477-0
ECHA Draft Community Rolling Action Plan (CoRAP) https://echa.europa.eu/fr/information-on-chemicals/evaluation/community-rolling-action-plan/draft-corap and full list https://echa.europa.eu/information-on-chemicals/evaluation/community-rolling-action-plan/corap-table