One child died in a house fire probably started by an overheating cell phone igniting a couch in North Carolina. Another child and the mother were injured. The fire occurred early in the morning and extensively damaged the house, which did not have smoke detectors. This incident shows again, tragically, the fire dangers of electronics, lithium ion batteries and upholstered furniture in our homes.
NFPA Journal November-December 2020 “Firewatch” https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Publications-and-media/NFPA-Journal/2020/November-December-2020/News-and-Analysis/Firewatch