Pinfa launches new educational tool on fire safety and flame retardants
Here is an overview presentation with, 80+ slides of information and graphics explaining materials’ fire safety, flame retardants, relevant fire tests and standardsas well as environmental and health aspects.
To increase the understanding of materials’ fire safety, the Phosphorus, Inorganic & Nitrogen (PIN) Flame Retardants Association (pinfa), a sector group of Cefic, publishes a new toolkit, with educational material on the topic. . It has been developed with expertise from the nearly fourty member companies of pinfa in Europe and worldwide (with pinfa North America and pinfa China), including manufacturers of PIN flame retardant chemicals as well as plastics and textile user industries, and with external experts.
Who can benefit?
What content can you expect?
- Fire statistics
- Materials’ fire safety and fire development (ignition, fire growth, flashover)
- Case studies of major fires
- Smoke and toxicity, details of phosphorus, nitrogen and inorganic flame retardants
- Different flame retardant chemistries and how flame retardants work to prevent, extinguish or slow fire development
- PIN smoke suppressants
Quality assurance of flame retardants
- Fire tests and standards,
- Regulations (worldwide)
Environment & health questions
Flame retardants markets and applications, including wire & cable, building (construction), transport.