Poster and Travel Awards were offered for the first time at FRPM, by the Ingeborg Foundation Germany, for posters from young researchers (51 candidate posters). Summaries below.
For doctoral students:
Poster 1st Prize (500 CHF):
- Jiuke Chen, Empa – Mechanical Recycling of PET Fibers containing Phosphorus Flame Retardants
Posters 2nd Prize (300 CHF) – jointly:
- Hannah Flerlage and Steven Beijer, University of Amsterdam – Safe and sustainable by design: redesigning flame retardants using a computer-aided framework
- Natalie Vest, Texas A&M University – Bio-sourced intumescent nanocoating
Posters 3rd Prize (200 CHF) – jointly:
- Marie-Odile Augé, Centrale Lille France – Improvement of PLA fire properties with autopolymerizable additives
- Alessandro Beduini, University of Milan- Polyamidoamines derived from natural α-aminoacids as effective flame retardants for cotton
For early-stage researchers (post doc.):
Poster 1st Prize (500 CHF)
- Daniela Gödderz, Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability and System Reliability LBF, Combination of optical diagnostics and pyrolysis fragment analysis to investigate flame retardant mode of actions.
Travel awards were also made to Alessandro Beduinia, Università degli Studi di Milano, Kata Decsov, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hannah Flerlage, University of Amsterdam, Francesca McKenzie, University of Bolton UK, Caleb Ojo, Charles Darwin University Australia, Jovana Petkovska, Cyril and Methodius University North Macedonia, Natalie Vest, Texas A&M University USA.