Posted on 15/09/2020 in Electric & Electronic Fire Safety 2020
Vape leads to fire death

A man died in a house fire in Florida caused by the lithium ion battery of a vape device. The battery had failed, entered thermal runaway, and then ignited combustible materials in the bedroom. Firefighters were called by the smoke alarm monitoring company but on arrival the whole house was on fire and the victim in the bedroom whose body was reached was already deceased.

NFPA Journal, May/June 2020, Firewatch

Share This