Pinfa E-Mobility workshop : Fire Safety Challenges in Automotive Plastics
12 November 2019 – Darmstadt (Germany)
With this workshop in Darmstadt, the heart of the Rhine Main area, pinfa FGK and the Fraunhofer LBF aim at bringing together the whole value chain on electromobility. Our goal is to kickstart discussions on fire safety challenges in electromobility: while the change towards e-mobility is irreversible, standards are undefined and the automotive value chain appears to be less aligned when it comes to this important topic.
100 participants are expected, from the automotive industry (OEMs, Tier 1 supplier, etc.), from the chemical industry (Flame retardants manufacturers, distributors), from the polymer industry (compounders, recyclers etc.) and beyond (academia, civil society, fire testing laboratories, etc.). Products managers, Heads of Business Line/Unit, Regulators, technical leaders, etc.
- The impact of mass demand for electrical vehicles, Philippe Vangeel (Avere)
- Modern FR-solutions for e-mobility, Manfred Döreing (Fraunhofer LBF)
- Update on Standards and Norms on e-mobility, Lydia Wagner (VDE-DKE)
- Testing of flame retardants materials, Jens Stange (UL)
- Engineering plastics solutions based on polyamides, Florence Schutz (Solvay)
- Recycling of flame-retardant plastics, Elke Metzsch-Zilligen (Fraunhofer LBF)
- Thermal management of batteries – challenges and solutions, Achim Wiessler (Polytec PT)
- Cables for e-mobility: processing and performance, Markus Kemmler (Kemmler Consulting)
- Connectors: processing and performance, Franz Janson (TE Connectivity)