E-Mobility Webinar on How Flame Retardants Combine Fire Safety and Sustainability in Automotive Plastics
28 October 2020 (Webinar)
On 28 October 2020, pinfa organised an E-Mobility Webinar on How Flame Retardants Combine Fire Safety and Sustainability in Automotive Plastics, which was attended by approximately 300 stakeholders from the automotive industry, chemical industry, polymer industry and beyond.
Speakers discussed PIN flame retardant solutions in different engineering polymers, cable plastics and composites for EVs, including in developing materials such as epoxies, rigid polyurethanes and carbon fibre composites. The aim was to respond to the needs of compounders and polymer producers, component suppliers and vehicle manufacturers to find PIN (non-halogen phosphorus, inorganic, nitrogen) solutions that do not lead to voltaic corrosion of connectors or electronic components, growth of metal dendrites leading to circuit failures, mechanical or colour deterioration, as well as pose environmental questions.
Speaker presentations can be downloaded below:
- E-mobility solutions for Today & Challenges for the future, David Qi & Antonio Nerone, Radici Group
- New test standards to ensure fire safety of electric cars , Thomas Wagner, UL
- HV-Connector requirements Franz Janson, TE Connectivity
- How to combine safety and fast charging (stations), Nicolas Dupont & Laurent Tribut, Schneider Electric Industries SAS
- Environmental impact and sustainability of FRs, Adrian Beard, Clariant Plastics & Coatings (Deutschland) GmbH